Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wanderings

Thing #14

Back into the darkness I go--wandering hither and yon, trying to glow brightly. I say trying because I feel like I struck out. When I did a keyword search for "School Library Learning 2.0" I got zero results on blog posts, under tags there was one listed for "learning" but was unrelated and under the blog directory also zero. So, I guess, the results were all the same--zero. I know Technorati could assist me in locating blogs that would have information that I might be looking for in the future. I enjoyed the blog from the Huffington Post. I liked the variety that it offers--political, world events, etc. Gizmodo was ok.

From what I can gather, tagging can be used in two ways--by the creator and by the reader. In Technorati, I would use it to find something written by someone else, in de.li.cious and flickr, I would be creating the tag to classify what I was posting. On second thought, I guess I would also be using tags to find things. Tagging is basically organizing by general topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment