Friday, July 16, 2010

Glowings

Thing #11

The spark continues as Firefly continues the flight. I ventured into Library Thing and found it very easy to use--adding titles was fairly easy. My only complaint is that even when searching by title, I would get back a slew of books to pick from. Some were different editions of the same book, but other times it was all different kinds of books that had one or two words of the title the same. That made the selection process slower. I did check out a couple of groups like Green Dragon and Historical Fiction. I'm not sure I have the time right now to devote to a group. Even the effort of cataloging all my books at this time seems daunting and I'm not sure the return would justify the investment of time for me--I'm just not sure how beneficial it would be in my situation. I am glad I checked it out and will keep in mind for possible future use.

1 comment:

  1. I found some great directions for how to post your Librarything selections on your blogsite. Look under Sunshine's blog for Thing #11 and you will find out how! It helped me a lot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete