Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Expanding

Thing #13

A firefly is a small thing--sort of isolated, but as it flies through the night glowing off and on, it is communicating with other fireflies. That is what comes to mind with social bookmarking. I feel as though I am expanding outward into the ethos of the internet and connecting with others. It feels a bit overwhelming, but not defeating.

I found Diggs visually confusing; Furl was better; and Ma.gnolia put me off by being "Invitation Only." I found Delicious usable.

I can see how this tool would be beneficial in bookmarking/tagging sites that tie-in to specific curriculum units. These then can be shared among the grade level team. Delicious makes bookmarking, tagging, and sharing extremely easy. I can see how this can be used by the librarian and teachers. Instead of or in addition to selecting books on a particular topic, the librarian can share bookmarks with a grade level on a specific topic. If I had more spare personal time or if I was pursuing additional educational credentials or doing research, I know I would be using Delicious to organize topics, subtopics and specific points to be made.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the way you continued using the firefly motif throughtout your blogging. It is interesting to see the way you carried your theme throughot.

    ReplyDelete