Monday, August 2, 2010

Venturing

Thing #18

Venturing through the darkness has its perils. I tried to explore Google Doc, but couldn't. I kept getting a message that the url was not available on the server. But not to be deterred, I decided to check out Open Office.

I guess since I am, and a lot of people are, familiar with Microsoft Office, it's some times hard to switch to some thing new. However, I can see advantages to using Open Office. First, it's free--you don't have to buy it or any subsequent updates--yea! Second, it seems very user friendly. Also, since you can use it in different language formats and different computer platforms, it has the applicability for global uses and the ability to facilitate exchange on a global level. I definitely will be checking this out further.

1 comment:

  1. I think we will all become comfortable with Google Docs and Open Office! SBISD is moving that direction and you have a head start-aren't you smart to have spent time on both? You are doing a great job and almost done, yea you!

    ReplyDelete