Thursday, August 5, 2010

Findings

Thing #22

My flight of discovery continues--finding new surprises on the Web. I knew about Facebook and MySpace and, in fact, joined Facebook within the last couple of months. I really haven't used it a lot though. I guess it all boils down to time and how much time do I want to spend online and how much do I want to spend doing other things.

I like the idea of Ning and can see how it is useful. You can narrow your focus of interest and audience with a social networking tool like Ning versus Facebook. It sort of correlates with Rollyo and the Web--you can narrow your search/focus. I looked at TeacherLingo which is an educational community of teacher blogs, lesson plans and other resources. I think it can be a good resource for lesson plans and current educational topics. It can also serve as a platform to vent and commiserate with other teachers. I could see myself using it with my colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment