Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beginnings

Thing #23

Well here I am at last the end of Firefly's Flight. Or is it really the beginning!!!! There were so many different discoveries that I made that I had no idea that they even existed. I really liked Rollyo and Photostory. I plan to use both in my class. Yea hurray!!!

I take away the knowledge of all the different discovery activities and the most surprising thing about it was that on only three ocassions did I need to call on someone for help. The help wasn't to complete that particular entire discovery, but was help to clarify how to do something--help me over a hump that was in the way. So it was surprising to me with not being too tech savvy that I was able to complete all 23 Things with minimal help. Yipee!!!

This activity has reinforced my life-long learning goals. It has shown me that the Web is not to be feared, but explored without fear.

The journey was long. I was surprised that it took me much more than 18 hours to complete. I'm sure each Thing took me 2 to 3 hours. I would suggest reducing the number of Things to get the 18 hours of credit. You might even break it up into two experiences. You might consider developing one that is even more basic.

I would participate in another discovery activity and know that this summer 11.5(I think) was offered. I plan to continue my journey.

Learning by Doing is how I would discribe this experience. Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment