Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Explorings

Thing #19

The flight continues. This thing brings to light, for me, just how much is "out there" of which I wasn't aware. I had no idea!!! Exploring this thing could have been never-ending. I briefly looked at Standout Jobs which was a job recruitment tool. I don't think I would use it in the classroom. I also looked briefly at DocStock which I thought was interesting. You can use it to find and share, create, upload and sell professional documents--anything from documents used in small businesses or by professionals. I thought it was interesting that they even sold textbooks of various sorts.

The one I explored the most was Lulu. I think as an elementary teacher, I have that hidden dream of becoming a children's book author. Well Lulu could make that happen. It offers resources to create, publish, market and sell books created by me. They offer resources for creating your own book or if you need help they have service packages that offer more extensive help in editing and marketing. Other that personally using this site, I think school teachers or librarians could use it to demonstrate to their students the process from idea to product of developing and sellling a book. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment